What You Should Know About Laser Tattoo Removal
Posted April 28, 2023 in Laser Removal
Are you looking to fully remove a tattoo or lighten one to cover it with something different? The preferred, most common, and best method for removing tattoos is what The Medical Spa specializes in—laser tattoo removal. Lasers have been used for many years to remove regrettable ink, and successful tattoo removals depend upon the type of laser used.
If you feel like your ink no longer serves you, it may be time to consider getting it removed.
There are many reasons people seek tattoo removal, including it no longer suiting their lifestyle or holding the same meaning it once did. Here are some of the other most common reasons people choose to permanently eradicate body ink:
- It’s a bad tattoo. Poorly executed tattoos applied by an inexperienced artist are unfortunate decisions, especially if it’s a misspelled tattoo.
- The tattoo has faded. It’s no surprise that a tattoo can fade over time. What once was a brightly detailed tattoo now looks duller, lighter, and blurrier.
- A relationship ended. Did you get a tattoo to commemorate a relationship that has now ended? You may look at it differently or are considering removal or cover-up.
- You’d like to make a career change. For some people, a new career might mean a new you.
- Change of mind. Having a visible tattoo can sometimes embarrass you or make you self-conscious. If you feel like your ink no longer serves you, it may be time to consider getting it removed.
- Skin changes. Chronic skin conditions can pose unique risks for tattooing. You should not get tattoos in areas that regularly flare up. Talk to your doctor to ensure you’re a good candidate to get tattooed.
There are many reasons people seek tattoo removal, including it no longer suiting their lifestyle or holding the same meaning it once did.
What is the Process of Laser Tattoo Removal?
Many lasers are available today for this type of procedure, but not all lasers create the same results. Therefore, it’s crucial to be treated using the most technologically-advanced laser on the market. Our Q-switched laser is top-of-the-line and capable of producing brief, but powerful pulses of energy, which are the most effective for tattoo removal.
The tattoo is removed by using specific wavelengths of laser energy that pass into the skin but are absorbed only by the ink. This causes the tattoo ink to break into tiny particles which the body’s own immune system can then remove. Our laser provides maximum tattoo removal while leaving the surrounding skin unharmed.
Our Q-switched laser is top-of-the-line and capable of producing brief, but powerful pulses of energy, which are the most effective for tattoo removal.
What are the Considerations for Tattoo Removal?
You may wonder why you need a consultation if you want a tattoo removed. There’s actually a lot to consider before removing a tattoo, such as:
- How long you’ve had the tattoo. Your ink should be at least six weeks to two months old before getting it removed. The older the tattoo is, the easier it is to eradicate!
- How deeply the ink penetrates your skin. Very dense tattoos with shading and thick lines will take longer to remove because your immune system has more ink particles to process.
- The colors in your tattoo. Black, brown, dark blue, and green are the easiest to remove, whereas lighter colors are more difficult.
- Where the tattoo appears on your body.
- Your health. To ensure the tattoo removal process works well, your immune system and body must be working well. If you’re sick, this can lead to a slower healing process.
- The medications you take. Certain medicines can trigger photosensitive reactions, so it’s important to discuss any medications you’re taking with your doctor.
- If you’ve ever had a raised scar. This may indicate that you have a keloid, which can be more challenging to remove.
At The Medical Spa, we sincerely believe that everyone deserves to look and feel beautiful. You can expect a personalized experience and treatment plan designed for your needs and desired outcomes. Contact us to schedule your tattoo removal consultation today!
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images, and other material contained on this website is for informational purposes only. No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment before undertaking a new healthcare regimen.